Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Lucy[holds out her hand] Pleased to meet you.
[Mr. Tumnus looks at her hand curiously]
Lucy: Oh, you shake it.
Mr. Tumnus: Why?
Lucy: I don't know. People do that when they meet each other.
*****
Edmund: Why can't we play hide-and-seek again?
Peter: I thought you said it was a kids game.
Susan: Besides, we could all use the fresh air.
Edmund: It's not like there isn't air inside....
*****



Mr. Beaver: "When Adam's Flesh and Adam's bone sits in Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done".
Susan: You know, that doesn't really rhyme.
Mr. Beaver: Yeah, I know it don't, but you're kind of missing the point!
*****



Susan: Do you think we'll need jam?
Peter: Only if the Witch serves toast!



Mrs. Beaver: You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you?
Mr. Beaver: Well, you never know if your next meal's going to be your last. Especially with your cooking.
*****
Aslan: "To the glistening Eastern sea, I give you Queen Lucy, the valiant. To the great Western wood I give you King Edmund The Just. To the radiant Southern sun, I give you Queen Susan, the gentle, and to the great Northern sky, I give you King Peter, the magnificent. Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen, may your wisdom grace us till the stars rain down from the heavens."
*****



Aslan: That is Cair Paravel, Castle of the four thrones. In one of which you will sit, as High King. [Peter looks down] You doubt the prophecy?
Peter: No, that's just it. Aslan, I'm not who you think I am.
Aslan: Peter Pevensie, formerly of Finchley. Beaver also mentioned that you planned on turning him into a hat. [chuckles] Peter, there is a deep magic more powerful than any of us. It defines right from wrong. It over sees all our destinies. Yours, and mine.
Peter: But I couldn't reach out over my own family.
Aslan: You brought them safely this far.
Peter: Not all of them.
Aslan: Peter, I will do what I can to save your brother. But I need you to consider what I ask of you. I too want my family safe.
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment